Senior Living in Derby, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Derby, CT: 06418
- Derby scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Derby scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 10 hospitals within close range of the city, including Griffin Hospital, Va Connecticut Healthcare Syst, and Milford Hospital, Inc.
- There are 90 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hewitt Health and Rehabilitation Center, Birmingham Health Center, and Marshall Lane Manor.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 462 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 104 golf courses in or around the city, including Highland Golf Club, Oronoque Village Country Club, and Harry R. Brownson Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Indian Well State Park, West Rock Ridge State Park, and Edgewood Park.
- There are 281 churches in or near the city, including St Mary\'s Parish, St Jude Rectory, and St Michael\'s Parish.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 334 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 154 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,328, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,478, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,646, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.62%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Derby receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Derby has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Derby has a dense population density of 2,548.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Derby have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Derby has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.97%.