Senior Living in Dewittville, New York
Top zip codes in Dewittville, NY: 14728
- Dewittville scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Dewittville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Westfield Memorial Hospital, Inc).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Absolut Center For Nursing and Rehab Westfield LLC, Heritage Village Rehab and Skilled Nursing, Inc., and Bergquist Memorial at Heritage.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 33 golf courses in or around the city, including The Hill Course at Chautauqua Golf Club, Chautauqua Point Golf & Racquetball Center, and Willow Run Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Camp Onyahsa, Chautauqua Lake KOA, and Midway State Park.
- There are 26 churches in or near the city, including Uu Fellowship of Chautauqua, Hurlbut Memorial Church, and United Church of Christ.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.75% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,293, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,985, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,253, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 18.74%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dewittville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Dewittville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Dewittville has a very sparse population density of 38.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dewittville have an average daily commute time.
- Dewittville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 77.57%.