Senior Living in Dexter, New York
Top zip codes in Dexter, NY: 13634
- Dexter scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Dexter scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Samaritan Medical Center).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Angel\'s Inn Home for Adults, Jefferson County Home - The Aged, and Samaritan Keep Nursing Home.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 43 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 16 golf courses in or around the city, including Rustic Golf & Country Club, Bedford Creek Golf Course, and Ives Hill Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Sackets Harbor Battlefield State Park, Sackets Harbor Battlefield, and Fairgrounds Ice Arena.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including Life Church of Nazerene, Watertown Assembly of God, and COG Soldiers of Jesus Christ.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 39 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 17 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.41% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.68% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,353, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,208, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,333, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $52,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $120,085 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.21%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dexter receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Dexter has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Dexter has a very sparse population density of 90.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dexter have an average daily commute time.
- Dexter has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.25%.