Senior Living in Dickson City, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Dickson City, PA: 18519
- Dickson City scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Dickson City scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Allied Servs Rehab Hospital, Mid-valley Hospital, and Community Medical Center.
- There are 38 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Gardens of Green Ridge, Green Ridge Care Center, and Holy Family Residence.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 218 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 56 golf courses in or around the city, including Glen Oak Country Club, Summit Hills Golf Club, and North Course at Country Club of Scranton, The.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Nay Aug Park, Steamtown National Historic Site, and Archbald Pothole State Park.
- There are 97 churches in or near the city, including Moosic Presbyterian Church, St Mary\'s Church, and Holy Rosary Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 98 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 81 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.40% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,267, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,404, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,637, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.36%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dickson City receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Dickson City has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Dickson City has a dense population density of 2,119.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dickson City have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Dickson City has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.89%.