Senior Living in Dingmans Ferry, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Dingmans Ferry, PA: 18328
- Dingmans Ferry scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Dingmans Ferry scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Twin Cedar\'s Senior Living, Belle Reve Senior Living, and Reve Belle Senior Living Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 67 golf courses in or around the city, including Tamiment Resort & Conference Center, Fernwood Hotel & Resort, and Cliff Park Inn & Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including George W. Childs Park, Delaware State Forest, and Bushkill Falls.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, Long Meadow Chapel, and St Vincent\'s Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 3 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.65% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,157, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,250, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,124, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.22%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dingmans Ferry receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Dingmans Ferry has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Dingmans Ferry has a very sparse population density of 93.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dingmans Ferry have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Dingmans Ferry has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.38%.