Senior Living in District Heights, Maryland
Top zip codes in District Heights, MD: 20747
- District Heights scores significantly lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- District Heights scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 24 hospitals within close range of the city, including Malcolm Grow Medical Center, Prince Georges Hospital Center, and Gladys Spellman Spec Hosp.
- There are 226 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Whee Care II, Creatus Adult Assisted Living, and Forestville Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1071 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 100 golf courses in or around the city, including Andrews Afb Golf Course -East, Langston Golf Course & Driving Range, and Country Club At Woodmore.
- There are 47 parks near the city center, including Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens, Anacostia Park, and Watkins Regional Park.
- There are 1421 churches in or near the city, including Church of Christ, First Baptist Church-Suitland, and Epiphany Episcopal Church.
- There are 19 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 710 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 46 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 257 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,104, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,136, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,739, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.03%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- District Heights receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- District Heights has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- District Heights has a dense population density of 5,239.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of District Heights have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- District Heights has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.16%.