Senior Living in Donegal, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Donegal, PA: 15628
- Donegal scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Donegal scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Excela Health Frick Hospital and Highlands Hospital).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ruth Nedrow Personal Care Home, Susan\'s Victorian Cottage Personal Care Home, and Pleasant Valley Personal Care Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 43 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (43% of residents).
- There are 64 golf courses in or around the city, including Donegal Highlands Golf Course, Pike Run Country Club, and Seven Springs Mountain Resort.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Laurel Highlands Camplands, Powdermill Nature Reserve, and Kooser State Park.
- There are 42 churches in or near the city, including St Raymond\'s Church, Mount Zion Lutheran Church, and Critchfield Alliance Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 22 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,431, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,188, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,614, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.65%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Donegal receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Donegal has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Donegal has a sparse population density of 204.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Donegal have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Donegal has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.21%.