Senior Living in Dover, New Hampshire
Top zip codes in Dover, NH: 03820
- Dover scores lower than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- Dover scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Wentworth-douglass Hospital, Portsmouth Regional Hospital, and York Hospital.
- There are 32 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Wadleigh House, Wentworth Home, and Dover Center For Health and Rehabilitation.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 158 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 36 golf courses in or around the city, including Cochecho Country Club, Sunningdale Golf Club, and Rochester Country Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Garrison Hill Park, Vaughan Woods Memorial State Park, and Thompson Hall Lawn.
- There are 95 churches in or near the city, including St Charles Parish, Dover Baptist Church, and St Mary\'s Church.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 68 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 65 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.89% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Hampshire has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $74,590, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,570, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,797, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.77%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dover receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Dover has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Dover has an average population density of 1,081.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dover have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Dover has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.27%.