Senior Living in Dover, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Dover, NJ: 07801
- Dover scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Dover scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Saint Clare\'s Hospital, Greystone Park Psych Hospital, and Morristown Memorial Hospital.
- There are 61 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Dwelling Place at St Clare\'s, Regency Grande Post-acute Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and BrightView Randolph.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 364 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 132 golf courses in or around the city, including Picatinny Golf Club, Peace Pipe Golf Club, and Rockaway River Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Hopatcong State Park, Morristown Green, and Turkey Brook Park.
- There are 164 churches in or near the city, including Purdy Samuel E, St Matthew the Apostle Rc, and Mount Fern United Methodist.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 158 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 16 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 173 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.83% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $78,924, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,064, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,771, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.12%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dover receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Dover has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Dover has a dense population density of 2,590.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dover have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Dover has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 76.92%.