Senior Living in Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Downingtown, PA: 19335
- Downingtown scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Downingtown scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including St John Vianney Hospital, Chester County Hospital, and Coatesville Va Medical Center.
- There are 55 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including St. Martha Center For Rehabilitation and Healthcare, Simpson Meadows, and Geriatric Consultation and Services.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 296 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 140 golf courses in or around the city, including Downingtown Country Club, Ingleside Golf Club, and Whitford Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Marsh Creek State Park, Springton Manor, and Camp Innabah.
- There are 120 churches in or near the city, including St James Church, East Brandywine Baptist Church, and St Joseph\'s Catholic Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 91 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 147 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.21% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $111,581, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $95,086, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $41,481, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.55%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Downingtown receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Downingtown has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Downingtown has an average population density of 1,104.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Downingtown have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Downingtown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.22%.