Senior Living in Dravosburg, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Dravosburg, PA: 15034
- Dravosburg scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Dravosburg scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 26 hospitals within close range of the city, including Upmc Mckeesport, Upmc Braddock, and Jefferson Regional Medical Center.
- There are 129 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including John J Kane Regional Center Medical Center, UPMC McKeesport, and Riverside Care Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 699 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (39% of residents).
- There are 116 golf courses in or around the city, including Pleasant Hills Golf Course, Westwood Golf Club, and Grand View Golf Club.
- There are 30 parks near the city center, including Renziehausen Park, White Oak Park, and Off Leash Exercise Area Frick Park.
- There are 406 churches in or near the city, including Dravosburg United Methodist, Amity Presbyterian Church, and Calvary Baptist Church.
- There are 19 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 326 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 25 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 218 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $49,236, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,324, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,858, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.55%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dravosburg receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Dravosburg has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Dravosburg has a dense population density of 1,851.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dravosburg have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Dravosburg has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.42%.