Senior Living in Dresden, New York
Top zip codes in Dresden, NY: 14441
- Dresden scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Dresden scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Soldiers And Sailors Memorial Hospital Of Yates and Geneva General Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Clinton Crest Manor, The Homestead at Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hospital, and Penn Yan Manor Nursing Home .
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 33 golf courses in or around the city, including Bonavista State Golf Club, Lakeside Country Club, and Geneva Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Sampson State Park, Bonavista, and Keuka Lake State Park.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including World Council of Independent Christian Churches, Adams James H, and Trinity Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 24 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.28% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.12% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,357, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,089, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,084, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.99%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dresden receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Dresden has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Dresden has an average population density of 925.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dresden have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Dresden has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 66.33%.