Senior Living in Dresher, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Dresher, PA: 19025
- Dresher scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Dresher scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 43 hospitals within close range of the city, including Abington Memorial Hospital, Northwestern Institute, and Chestnut Hill Rehab Hospital.
- There are 248 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sunrise of Dresher, Dresher Hill Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Chr.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1315 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 172 golf courses in or around the city, including Twining Valley Golf Club, Sandy Run Country Club, and Manufacturers Golf & Country Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Curtis Arboretum, Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania, and Graeme Park.
- There are 522 churches in or near the city, including Chelten Baptist Church, Kuschke Jr Arthur W, and Jarrettown Methodist Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 740 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 33 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 352 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.17% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $151,044, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $112,917, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $52,455, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.07%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dresher receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Dresher has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Dresher has a dense population density of 1,800.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dresher have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Dresher has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.46%.