Senior Living in Dubuque, Iowa
- Dubuque scores lower than the Iowa average of 75.
- Dubuque scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Mercy Medical Center-dubuque and The Finley Hospital).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mt. Pleasant Home, Area Residential Care, and Area Residential Care.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 73 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including Bunker Hill Golf Course, Dubuque Golf & Country Club, and Meadows Golf Club, The.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Washington Park, Dubuque Arboretum & Botanical Gardens, and Dubuque Greyhound Park.
- There are 42 churches in or near the city, including St John\'s Episcopal Church, St Matthew Lutheran Church, and Tri State Community Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.87% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,112, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,295, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,725, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,420 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $71,175 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,164 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.70%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dubuque receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Dubuque has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Dubuque has an average population density of 797.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dubuque have a very short daily commute time.
- Dubuque has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.61%.