Senior Living in Dumont, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Dumont, NJ: 07628
- Dumont scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Dumont scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 46 hospitals within close range of the city, including Englewood Hospital And Medical Center, Holy Name Medical Center, and Bergen Regional Medical Center.
- There are 281 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Memory Care Living at Cresskill, Brightview Tenafly, and Care One at Cresskill.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 2686 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 221 golf courses in or around the city, including White Beeches Golf & Country Club, Haworth Golf Club, and Alpine Country Club.
- There are 26 parks near the city center, including Tenafly Nature Center, Van Saun County Park, and Palisades Interstate Park.
- There are 988 churches in or near the city, including Lutheran Church of Redeemer, Living Word Community Church, and St Mary\'s Catholic Church.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1848 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 82 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 717 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.29% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $94,391, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $84,682, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $34,541, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.50%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dumont receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Dumont has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Dumont has a very dense population density of 8,809.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dumont have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Dumont has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.09%.