Senior Living in Dunbar, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Dunbar, PA: 15431
- Dunbar scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Dunbar scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Highlands Hospital and Uniontown Hospital).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sunshine Estate Personal Care Home, Conner\'s Personal Care Home, and Specht Private Care.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 87 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 56 golf courses in or around the city, including Pleasant Valley Country Club, Linden Hall Golf Course, and Duck Hollow Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Kentuck Campground, Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park Camp-Resort, and Fallingwater.
- There are 61 churches in or near the city, including St Aloysius Rc Church, St Vincent De Paul Church, and St John\'s Evangelist Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 43 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 36 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.49% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $43,078, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $38,125, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,023, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.88%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dunbar receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Dunbar has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Dunbar has a very sparse population density of 97.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dunbar have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Dunbar has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.00%.