Senior Living in Duncan, Oklahoma
Top zip codes in Duncan, OK: 73533
- Duncan scores higher than the Oklahoma average of 74.
- Duncan scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Duncan Regional Hospital, Inc).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Wilkins Health and Rehabilitation Community, ASCOG Aging Services, and Sterling House of Duncan.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 55 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 8 golf courses in or around the city, including Duncan Golf & Country Club, Twin Oaks Golf Course, and Comanche Golf Course.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Hillcrest Park, Fuqua Park, and Chisholm Trail RV Park.
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including Bethesda Church of God, Cornerstone Assembly of God, and Eastside Church of Christ.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.95% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.60% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Oklahoma has an average state income tax of 4.10%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,574, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,668, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,582, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,200 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $55,115 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,341 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.92%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Duncan receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Duncan has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Duncan has a very sparse population density of 85.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Duncan have a very short daily commute time.
- Duncan has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.69%.