Senior Living in Dunellen, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Dunellen, NJ: 08812
- Dunellen scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Dunellen scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 13 hospitals within close range of the city, including Muhlenberg Reg Med Center, University Behavioral Hlthcare, and Runnells Specialized Hospital.
- There are 102 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Abingdon Care and Rehabilitation Center, Memory Care Living Green Brook, and Chelsea at Warren.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 998 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 140 golf courses in or around the city, including Warrenbrook Golf Course, Twin Brooks Country Club, and Plainfield Country Club.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Washington Rock, Johnson Park, and Watchung Reservation.
- There are 404 churches in or near the city, including St Luke\'s Lutheran Church, St Johns Catholic Church, and Dunellen First Presbyterian.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 515 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 25 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 264 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 7.02% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.81% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $115,137, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $95,307, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $40,994, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.81%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dunellen receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Dunellen has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Dunellen has a dense population density of 2,704.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dunellen have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Dunellen has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.50%.