Senior Living in Dupo, Illinois
Top zip codes in Dupo, IL: 62239
- Dupo scores significantly higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Dupo scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 22 hospitals within close range of the city, including Touchette Regional Hospital, Touchette Regional Hospital Inc, and St Alexius Hospital.
- There are 149 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bria of Cahokia, Cahokia Nursing and Rehab Center, and Carrie Elligson Gietner Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 567 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 98 golf courses in or around the city, including Prairie\'s of Cahokia Golf Course, The, Elmwood Golf Course, and St. Clair Country Club.
- There are 31 parks near the city center, including Frank Holten State Recreation Area, South Saint Louis Square, and Aboussie Park.
- There are 401 churches in or near the city, including Sacred Heart Church, First Baptist Church Dupo, and Christ United Church of Christ.
- There are 26 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 332 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 26 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 177 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.69% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,237, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,173, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,296, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.51%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dupo receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Dupo has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Dupo has an average population density of 628.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dupo have an average daily commute time.
- Dupo has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.09%.