Senior Living in Dysart, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Dysart, PA: 16636
- Dysart scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Dysart scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Altoona Regional Health System, Altoona Center, and Healthsouth Rehab Hospital.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Senior Care Altoona, Altoona Center For Nursing Care, and Valley View Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 96 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Sinking Valley Country Club, Immergrun Golf Club, and Ebensburg Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Prince Gallitzin State Park, Horse Shoe Curve Park, and Lakemont Park.
- There are 60 churches in or near the city, including St Augustine Church, St Joseph\'s Church, and St Joan of Arc Activities Ctr.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 41 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 35 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $48,977, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,219, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,675, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $30,936 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $87,600 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,248 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,481 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.15%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dysart receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Dysart has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Dysart has a very sparse population density of 26.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dysart have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Dysart has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.41%.