Senior Living in East Amherst, New York
Top zip codes in East Amherst, NY: 14051
- East Amherst scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- East Amherst scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including De Graff Memorial Hospital, St Joseph Hospital, and Erie County Medical Center.
- There are 75 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Montgomery Park, Bristol Village, and Vinecroft Retirement Community.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 423 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 61 golf courses in or around the city, including Glen Oak Golf Course, Transit Valley Country Club, and Greenwood Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Clarence Town Court Justice, Amherst State Park, and Thompson Road Park.
- There are 261 churches in or near the city, including Amherst Church of Christ, Trinity Evangelical Lutheran, and St Mary\'s Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 218 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 15 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 123 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.98% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $127,151, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $100,529, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $46,611, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.28%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- East Amherst receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- East Amherst has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- East Amherst has an average population density of 1,195.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of East Amherst have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- East Amherst has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.45%.