Senior Living in East Burke, Vermont
Top zip codes in East Burke, VT: 05832
- East Burke scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- East Burke scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Northeastern Vermont Regional Hospital and Northeastern Vermont Reg Hosp).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Great-West Retirement Services, Northern Kare Facilities - The Pines Rehab and Health Center, and Loch Lomond.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 12 golf courses in or around the city, including St. Johnsbury Country Club, Barton Golf Club, and Barton Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Kingdom Trails, Great Vermont Corn Maze, and Stephen Huneck Gallery @ Dog Mountain.
- There are 26 churches in or near the city, including First Congragational United, Lyndonville First Congregational Church, and Calvary Chapel.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.93% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.63% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,125, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,250, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,711, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.49%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- East Burke receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- East Burke has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- East Burke has a very sparse population density of 33.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of East Burke have a short daily commute time.
- East Burke has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.33%.