Senior Living in East Greenwich, Rhode Island
Top zip codes in East Greenwich, RI: 02818
- East Greenwich scores higher than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- East Greenwich scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Kent County Memorial Hospital, Eleanor Slater Hospital, and Women And Infants Hospital Of Rhode Island.
- There are 91 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Saint Elizabeth Home, Brookdale Greenwich Bay, and Atria Harborhill.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 341 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 99 golf courses in or around the city, including East Greenwich Golf & Country Club, Potowomut Golf Club, and Goddard State Memorial Park.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Goddard Memorial State Park, Roger Williams Park Zoo, and Green Animals Topiary Garden.
- There are 223 churches in or near the city, including St Luke\'s Episc Church, First Baptist Church, and First Lutheran Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 133 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 127 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.78% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.42% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Rhode Island has an average state income tax of 2.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $123,886, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $84,875, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $49,466, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.98%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- East Greenwich receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- East Greenwich has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- East Greenwich has an average population density of 828.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of East Greenwich have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- East Greenwich has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.33%.