Senior Living in East Haven, Connecticut
Top zip codes in East Haven, CT: 06512
- East Haven scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- East Haven scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Conn Mental Health Center, Yale-new Haven Hospital, and Yale-new Haven Psych Hosp.
- There are 74 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Teresa Rest Home, Apple Rehab Laurel Woods, and Caroline Manor.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 350 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 103 golf courses in or around the city, including Alling Memorial Golf Course, Pine Orchard Yacht & Country Club, and New Haven Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including New Haven Green, East Rock Park, and Marsh Botanic Gardens.
- There are 178 churches in or near the city, including St Bernadette\'s Church, St Vincent De Paul Church, and St Clare Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 242 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 124 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $73,737, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $64,866, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,889, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.64%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- East Haven receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- East Haven has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- East Haven has a dense population density of 2,840.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of East Haven have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- East Haven has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.87%.