Senior Living in East Otto, New York
Top zip codes in East Otto, NY: 14729
- East Otto scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- East Otto scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Bertrand Chaffee Hospital and Tlc Health Network).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fiddlers Green Manor Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Jennie B Richmond Chaffee Nursing Home , and Grand Meadows Senior Living.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 34 golf courses in or around the city, including Springville Country Club, Gowanda Country Club, and Holiday Valley Resort.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Griffis Sculpture Park, Allegany Mountain Resort at Rainbow Lake, and Zoar Valley MUA.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Saint Frances Cabrinin Rc Chr, Salem Lutheran Church, and First United Methodist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.11% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $47,192, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,760, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,980, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.04%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- East Otto receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- East Otto has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- East Otto has a very sparse population density of 26.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of East Otto have a long daily commute time.
- East Otto has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.15%.