Senior Living in East Rochester, New York
Top zip codes in East Rochester, NY: 14445
- East Rochester scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- East Rochester scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Genesee Hospital, Highland Hospital, and Rochester Psychiatric Center.
- There are 69 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Penfield Place Nursing & Rehabilitation, Atria Penfield, and Highlands Living Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 281 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 67 golf courses in or around the city, including Shadow Pines Golf Club, Saint John Fisher Golf Course, and Irondequoit Country Club.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including White Haven Memorial Park, Corbett\'s Glen Nature Park, and Shadow Lake.
- There are 199 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Koinonia Fellowship, and St Jerome\'s Church.
- There are 19 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 278 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 22 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 128 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.67% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of property value, which is higher than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,931, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,031, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,623, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.71%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- East Rochester receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- East Rochester has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- East Rochester has a dense population density of 4,231.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of East Rochester have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- East Rochester has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.91%.