Senior Living in East Wareham, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in East Wareham, MA: 02538
- East Wareham scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- East Wareham scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Barnstable County Hospital and Jordan Hospital Inc).
- There are 28 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Royal Cape Cod Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Kindred Transitional Care And Rehabilita-Forestview, and Keystone Place at Buzzards Bay.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 121 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 86 golf courses in or around the city, including Bay Pointe Country Club, Little Harbor Country Club, and Brookside Golf Club, The.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Cachalot Scout Reservation, Bay View Campground, and Myles Standish State Forest.
- There are 34 churches in or near the city, including Church of the Good Shepherd, Wesley United Methodist Church, and Emmanuel Church of Nazarene.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 61 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 40 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.30% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,723, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,813, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,974, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.90%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- East Wareham receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- East Wareham has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- East Wareham has an average population density of 791.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of East Wareham have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- East Wareham has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.73%.