Senior Living in East Wilton, Maine
Top zip codes in East Wilton, ME: 04234
- East Wilton scores lower than the Maine average of 68.
- East Wilton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Franklin Memorial Hospital and Franklin Memorial Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sandy River Center, Village View Apartments, and Pierce House.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 11 golf courses in or around the city, including Oakdale Country Club, Sandy River Golf Course, and Paris Hill Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Where the Heck R We Campground, Mountain View Campground, and Camp Kawanhee.
- There are 17 churches in or near the city, including Calvary Hill Baptist Church, Congregational Church Dixfield, and Church of Nazarene.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.70% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.99% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- East Wilton receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- East Wilton has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- East Wilton has an average population density of 512.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of East Wilton have a very short daily commute time.
- East Wilton has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.