Senior Living in Easthampton, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Easthampton, MA: 01027
- Easthampton scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Easthampton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Veterans Affairs Med Center, Cooley Dickinson Hospital Inc,the, and Holyoke Medical Center.
- There are 44 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lathrop Community , Elder Care Access, and Calvin Coolidge Nuring and Rehab Center - Northampton.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 129 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 61 golf courses in or around the city, including Southampton Country Club, Northampton Country Club, and Pine Grove Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Look Memorial Park, The Botanic Garden of Smith College, and Gardner State Park.
- There are 59 churches in or near the city, including Trinity Lutheran Church, Easthampton Congregational Chr, and Congregational Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 84 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 37 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,141, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,959, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,204, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.32%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Easthampton receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Easthampton has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Easthampton has a sparse population density of 436.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Easthampton have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Easthampton has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.22%.