Senior Living in Ebensburg, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Ebensburg, PA: 15931
- Ebensburg scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Ebensburg scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Rebekah Manor Personal Care Facilities, Cambria Care Center, and Kinney\'s Meadow View Estates.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 30 golf courses in or around the city, including Appledale Public Golfing, Ebensburg Country Club, and Immergrun Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Woodland Park, Duman Lake Park, and Johnstown Flood National Memorial.
- There are 42 churches in or near the city, including Colver Presbyterian Church, First United Church of Christ, and First Presbyterian Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 29 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 22 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,928, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,806, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,909, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $30,936 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $87,600 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,248 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,481 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.10%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ebensburg receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Ebensburg has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Ebensburg has a sparse population density of 118.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ebensburg have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Ebensburg has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.53%.