Senior Living in Eden, Maryland
Top zip codes in Eden, MD: 21822
- Eden scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Eden scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Peninsula Regional Medical Center, Deer\'s Head Center, and Healthsouth Chesapeake Rehab.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Somerset Gardens, The Village at Harbor Pointe, and Aurora Senior Living of Manokin.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 99 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including Nutters Crossing Golf Course, Elk\'s Golf Club, and Green Hill Yacht & Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Pemberton Park, Pemberton Historical Park, and Johnson Wildlife Management Area.
- There are 13 churches in or near the city, including First Assembly of God, National Church of God, and Alpha-omega Child Care Center.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 50 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 20 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.31% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.75% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,171, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,015, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,372, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,230 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,135 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,604 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.95%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Eden receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Eden has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Eden has a very sparse population density of 68.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Eden have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Eden has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.20%.