Senior Living in Eden, New York
Top zip codes in Eden, NY: 14057
- Eden scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Eden scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Lake Shore Hospital).
- There are 24 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Absolut Care of Eden, Eden Heights, and Bethel Estates.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 79 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 47 golf courses in or around the city, including Eden Valley Golf Course, Hamburg Golf Course, Town of, and South Shore Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Hamburg Recreation Department, Chestnut Ridge, and Southwestern Office Park.
- There are 51 churches in or near the city, including St Paul Lutheran Church, St Marys Roman Catholic Church, and Eden United Methodist Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 43 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 33 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.98% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $73,604, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,340, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,221, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.04%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Eden receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Eden has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Eden has a sparse population density of 168.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Eden have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Eden has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.77%.