Senior Living in Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- Eden Prairie scores significantly higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Eden Prairie scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Fairview Southdale Hospital, St Francis Regional Medical Center, and Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital.
- There are 201 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brookdale Eden Prairie, Summit Place Senior Community, and Castle Ridge Care Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 665 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 138 golf courses in or around the city, including Bent Creek Golf Club, Bearpath Golf & Country Club, and Cedar Hills Golf Course.
- There are 29 parks near the city center, including Bryant Lake Regional Park, Flying Cloud Dog Park, and Richardson Nature Center.
- There are 390 churches in or near the city, including St Andrew Lutheran Church, Eden Prairie United Methodist, and Life Church.
- There are 24 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 291 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 23 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 198 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.45% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $132,712, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $101,023, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $49,628, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,810 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,451 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,628 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.18%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Eden Prairie receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Eden Prairie has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Eden Prairie has a dense population density of 1,932.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Eden Prairie have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Eden Prairie has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.67%.