Senior Living in Edgewood, Maryland
Top zip codes in Edgewood, MD: 21040
- Edgewood scores significantly lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- Edgewood scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Upper Chesapeake Medical Center and Harford Memorial Hospital).
- There are 56 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ella Wright Ta Wrights Enterprise, Wright\'s Enterprise II, and Higher Living.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 227 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 49 golf courses in or around the city, including Mountain Branch Golf Course, Aberdeen Proving Ground -Ruggles, and Beechtree Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Harford Glen Park, Cedar Lane Park, and Marshy Point Nature Center.
- There are 123 churches in or near the city, including Lord of Life Lutheran Church, Prince of Peace Church, and Fountain of Life Fellowship.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 101 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 76 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.00% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.86% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,582, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,211, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,314, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.16%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Edgewood receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Edgewood has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Edgewood has a dense population density of 3,065.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Edgewood have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Edgewood has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.30%.