Senior Living in Effort, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Effort, PA: 18330
- Effort scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Effort scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Palmerton Hospital).
- There are 21 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brookmont Healthcare Center, Weston Senior Living Center at Brodheadsville, and Wesley Enhanced Living at Chestnuthill Manor.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 80 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 66 golf courses in or around the city, including Hideaway Hills Golf Club, Indian Mountain Golf Course, and North Course at Resort at Split Rock, The.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Silver Valley Campsite, Big Pocono State Park, and The Woods Campground.
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including Smith J Christoph, Kees Gail H, and Holy Trinity Lutheran Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 31 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 34 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.52% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,076, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,155, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,201, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.14%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Effort receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Effort has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Effort has an average population density of 544.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Effort have a very long daily commute time.
- Effort has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.19%.