Senior Living in Eleanor, West Virginia
Top zip codes in Eleanor, WV: 25070
- Eleanor scores higher than the West Virginia average of 74.
- Eleanor scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Camc Teays Valley Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Teays Valley Center, Putnam Center, and Bellaire at Devonshire.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 41 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 19 golf courses in or around the city, including Meadowland Golf Course, Scarlet Oaks Country Club, and Sleepy Hollow Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Amherst/Plymouth Wildlife Management Area, Sports City U Basketball Academy, and Hurricane City Park.
- There are 27 churches in or near the city, including Winfield Church of Christ, Carter William D, and Teays Valley Church of God.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 33 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.32% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.57% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- West Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.11%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $51,083, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,844, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,074, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,200 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $106,116 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $37,752 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.66%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Eleanor receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Eleanor has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Eleanor has a sparse population density of 360.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Eleanor have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Eleanor has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.24%.