Senior Living in Elizabeth, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Elizabeth, PA: 15037
- Elizabeth scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Elizabeth scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Jefferson Regional Medical Center, Upmc Mckeesport, and Monongahela Valley Hospital.
- There are 110 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mount Vernon of Elizabeth, Southwestern Assisted Care Residence, and Jefferson Hills Manor.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 312 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 110 golf courses in or around the city, including Seven Springs Country Club, Lakeside Course at Butler\'s Golf Course, and Riverview Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Round Hill Park, Renziehausen Park, and White Oak Park.
- There are 233 churches in or near the city, including Elizabeth United Methodist Chr, Round Hill Presbyterian Church, and Central Highland United Meth.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 129 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 103 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,197, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,815, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,820, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.09%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Elizabeth receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Elizabeth has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Elizabeth has a sparse population density of 411.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Elizabeth have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Elizabeth has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.15%.