Senior Living in Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Elizabethtown, PA: 17022
- Elizabethtown scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Elizabethtown scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Lancaster Gen Hosp-susquehanna, and Healthsouth Rehab Hosp Of York.
- There are 47 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Manorcare Health Services-Elizabethtown, Masonic Village at Elizabethtown, and Rheem\'s Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 136 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 70 golf courses in or around the city, including Rustic Meadows Camping & Golf, Par Line Golf Course, and Sunset Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Elizabethtown / Hershey KOA, Hershey Gardens, and PA Dutch Country RV Resort.
- There are 166 churches in or near the city, including Grace Brethren Church, West Green Tree Church, and Church of the Brethren.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 67 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 66 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,813, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,523, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,410, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.10%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Elizabethtown receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Elizabethtown has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Elizabethtown has an average population density of 538.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Elizabethtown have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Elizabethtown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.91%.