Senior Living in Elkridge, Maryland
Top zip codes in Elkridge, MD: 21075
- Elkridge scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Elkridge scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 24 hospitals within close range of the city, including Spring Grove Hospital Center, Taylor Manor Hospital, and Clifton T Perkins Hosp Center.
- There are 290 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Angels Alert III Assisted Living Home, New Life Assisted Living I, and Lorien Elkridge.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 865 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (15% of residents).
- There are 97 golf courses in or around the city, including Timbers At Troy, The, Rolling Road Golf Club, and Hobbit\'s Glenn Golf Club.
- There are 18 parks near the city center, including Blandair Park, Patapsco Female Institute, and Patapsco Valley State Park.
- There are 725 churches in or near the city, including Agape Mission Church, Grace Episcopal Church, and Trinity Episcopal Church.
- There are 21 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 611 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 23 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 253 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.44% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.93% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $103,583, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $85,773, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $37,965, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.83%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Elkridge receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Elkridge has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Elkridge has a dense population density of 1,815.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Elkridge have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Elkridge has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.68%.