Senior Living in Elkton, Maryland
Top zip codes in Elkton, MD: 21921
- Elkton scores significantly lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- Elkton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Union Hospital Of Cecil County, Christiana Care Health Services, Inc., and Rockford Center.
- There are 36 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Laurelwood Care Center at Elkton, Elkton Center, and Abbey Manor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 219 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 56 golf courses in or around the city, including Brantwood Golf Club, Club At Patriots Glen, The, and Cavaliers Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Elk Neck State Forest, Lums Pond State Park, and White Clay Creek State Park.
- There are 149 churches in or near the city, including Maranatha Baptist Church, Immaculate Conception Church, and Melson W Grant.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 103 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 75 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.85% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $80,520, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $67,921, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,489, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $55,800 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $95,448 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.87%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Elkton receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Elkton has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Elkton has a sparse population density of 470.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Elkton have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Elkton has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.68%.