Senior Living in Ellamore, West Virginia
Top zip codes in Ellamore, WV: 26267
- Ellamore scores higher than the West Virginia average of 74.
- Ellamore scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (St Joseph Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Holbrook Nursing Home, Serenity Care Home, and Nella\'s Inc..
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 11 golf courses in or around the city, including Buckhannon Country Club, Ev-Un Breth Golf Course, and Elks Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Audra State Park, River Bend Park, and Pegasus Farm Campground.
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including Day Wease L, Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, and Adrian United Methodist Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.35% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- West Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.11%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,146, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,092, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,213, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,550 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,595 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $34,320 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 26.32%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ellamore receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Ellamore has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Ellamore has a very sparse population density of 15.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ellamore have a very long daily commute time.
- Ellamore has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.56%.