Senior Living in Ellington, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Ellington, CT: 06029
- Ellington scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Ellington scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Rockville General Hospital, Manchester Memorial Hospital, and Johnson Memorial Hospital.
- There are 68 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Char-Laine Manor, Rose Commons, and Woodlake at Tolland.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 220 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 93 golf courses in or around the city, including Ellington Ridge Country Club, Rolling Meadows Country Club, and Connecticut Golf Land.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Wickham Park and Wickham Park).
- There are 124 churches in or near the city, including Aiello Henrietta D, Ellington Congregational Chr, and First Lutheran Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 107 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 74 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.78% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.63% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $100,430, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $84,758, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $38,554, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.95%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ellington receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Ellington has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Ellington has a sparse population density of 459.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ellington have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Ellington has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.52%.