Senior Living in Ellsworth, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Ellsworth, PA: 15331
- Ellsworth scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Ellsworth scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Brownsville General Hospital, Monongahela Valley Hospital, and Monongahela Valley Hospital.
- There are 42 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mon Valley Care Center, Adams House Personal Care Home, and Havencrest Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 96 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 70 golf courses in or around the city, including Chippewa Golf Club, Nemacolin Country Club, and Eighty Four Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Washington / Pittsburgh SW KOA and North Strabane Township Park).
- There are 72 churches in or near the city, including Bentleyville United Methodist, Ave Maria Parish, and Christian Assembly of God.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 52 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 27 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.18% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $41,970, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $33,958, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,134, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.24%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ellsworth receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Ellsworth has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Ellsworth has an average population density of 1,430.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ellsworth have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Ellsworth has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.20%.