Senior Living in Elmhurst, New York
Top zip codes in Elmhurst, NY: 11373
- Elmhurst scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- Elmhurst scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 89 hospitals within close range of the city, including Forest Hills Hospital, Parkway Hospital, and North Shore Univ Hospital.
- There are 358 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Elmhurst Senior Center, Dry Harbor Nursing Home, and Surfside Nursing Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6031 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 206 golf courses in or around the city, including Flushing Meadows Pitch & Putt Golf Course, Forest Park Golf Course, and Kissena Park Golf Course.
- There are 61 parks near the city center, including Juniper Valley Park, Flushing Meadows Corona Park, and Queens Botanical Garden.
- There are 2041 churches in or near the city, including St Adalbert Catholic Church, Ascension Church, and St Bartholomews Church.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 3576 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 249 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 1216 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.92% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,333, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,585, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,379, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.56%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Elmhurst receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Elmhurst has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Elmhurst has a very dense population density of 66,154.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Elmhurst have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Elmhurst has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 71.09%.