Senior Living in Elmont, New York
Top zip codes in Elmont, NY: 11003
- Elmont scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Elmont scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 26 hospitals within close range of the city, including Franklin Hospital, Queens Children\'s Psych Center, and Creedmoor Psychiatric Center.
- There are 275 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Plattduetsche Retirement Home, Garden Care Center, and Orzac Center For Extended Care and Rehabilitation.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 2353 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 177 golf courses in or around the city, including North Woodmere Golf Course, Towers Country Club, and Rockville Links Club.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Alley Pond Park, Cunningham Park, and Queens Botanical Garden.
- There are 894 churches in or near the city, including St Vincent De Paul, St Boniface Roman Catholic Chr, and Salem Assembly of God.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1534 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 52 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 527 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.26% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $94,941, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $83,081, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,429, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.08%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Elmont receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Elmont has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Elmont has a very dense population density of 9,982.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Elmont have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Elmont has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.89%.