Senior Living in Elverson, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Elverson, PA: 19520
- Elverson scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Elverson scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including St John Vianney Hospital, Healthsouth Rehab Hospital, and Pottstown Memorial Med Center.
- There are 64 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including St. Mary of Providence, Coventry Manor Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Colonial Woods Personal Care Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 219 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (37% of residents).
- There are 127 golf courses in or around the city, including Stonewall, Green Hills Golf Course, and Honey Brook Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including St. Peter\'s Village Hiking / Horse Trails, Hopewell Furnace National Historic Site, and Springton Manor.
- There are 122 churches in or near the city, including Community Evangelical Free Ch, Goodwill United Methodist Chr, and Wyebrook Baptist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 55 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 90 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.21% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $93,499, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $71,192, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $38,713, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.02%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Elverson receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Elverson has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Elverson has a sparse population density of 146.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Elverson have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Elverson has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.03%.