Senior Living in Emmaus, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Emmaus, PA: 18049
- Emmaus scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Emmaus scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 11 hospitals within close range of the city, including Lehigh Valley Hospital, Good Shepherd Rehab Hospital, and Sacred Heart Hospital.
- There are 66 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Above and Beyond at Mountainview, Manorcare Health Services-Allentown, and Woodland Terrace at The Oaks.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 381 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 97 golf courses in or around the city, including Indian Creek Golf Course, Lehigh Country Club, and Brookside Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom, Bicentennial Park, and Covered Bridge Park.
- There are 270 churches in or near the city, including Bethel Bible Fellowship Church, Lehigh Valley Baptist Church, and St Ann\'s Catholic Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 198 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 12 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 152 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.39% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $79,685, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,321, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,506, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.13%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Emmaus receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Emmaus has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Emmaus has an average population density of 1,156.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Emmaus have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Emmaus has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.68%.