Senior Living in Empire, Ohio
Top zip codes in Empire, OH: 43926
- Empire scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Empire scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Weirton Medical Center, Trinity Medical Ctr East&trinity Medical Ctr West, and Life Line Hospital.
- There are 22 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Woodland HIlls Cottage, Weirton Geriatric Center, and Serra Village.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 114 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 74 golf courses in or around the city, including Mountaineer\'s Woodview Golf Course, Pleasant Hill Golf Club, and Dyer Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Tomlinson Run State Park, Jefferson State Park Division, and Raccoon Creek State Park.
- There are 79 churches in or near the city, including Church of Nazarene, Christian Church, and New Manchester Christian Ch.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 45 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 27 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.86% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $39,743, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $38,333, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $16,452, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.38%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Empire receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Empire has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Empire has an average population density of 1,207.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Empire have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Empire has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.25%.