Senior Living in Endicott, New York
Top zip codes in Endicott, NY: 13760
- Endicott scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Endicott scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including United Health Services Hospitals, Inc, Our Lady Of Lourdes Memorial Hospital, Inc, and United Health Services Hosps.
- There are 25 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Absolut Care of Endicott , UHS Senior Living at Ideal, and UHS Senior Living at Ideal.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 121 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 28 golf courses in or around the city, including Binghamton Country Club, En-Joie Golf Club, and Endwell Greens Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including West Endicott Park, CFJ Park, and Recreation Park.
- There are 83 churches in or near the city, including Union Center Christian Church, Our Lady of Angels Catholic Ch, and St Ambrose Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 75 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 41 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.20% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,266, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,417, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,143, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $54,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $123,100 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,349 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.01%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Endicott receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Endicott has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Endicott has an average population density of 900.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Endicott have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Endicott has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.18%.