Senior Living in Enfield, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Enfield, CT: 06082
- Enfield scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Enfield scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Park View Specialty Hospital, Baystate Medical Center, and Mercy Medical Center.
- There are 84 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Parkway Pavilion Health and Rehabilitation Center, St Joseph\'s Residence, and Suffield By The River.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 326 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 93 golf courses in or around the city, including Grassmere Country Club, Longmeadow Country Club, and Twin Hills Country Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Springfield Armory).
- There are 199 churches in or near the city, including St Bernard\'s Rectory, St Martha\'s Rectory, and Saint Adalbert\'s Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 216 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 112 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $77,797, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $67,809, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,646, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.65%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Enfield receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Enfield has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Enfield has an average population density of 1,342.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Enfield have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Enfield has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.88%.